[tlbuild] asy2.43 attempt, please

Richard Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Fri Apr 6 21:36:05 CEST 2018

Folks,

On Wednesday, John Bowman wrote "I can now proceed with the 2.43 release. I expect that everything will go smoothly from here on..."

Today I updated my copy of the svn and tried to build asy. After the first run of config, I got a message asking me to use wget to obtain

	gc-7.6.0

and

	libatomic_ops-7.6.0

I thought Bowman told me he was switching to gc-7.6.0 for everyone. I now see that he only switches to gc-7.6.0 on the Mac. In that case, it is important to realize that the Mac doesn't use or have wget. It has curl.

Since I compiled wget on the side, I got the extra sources, configured again and tried make. The system could not find autoconfig.

Earlier this year builders were told by Karl that a reference to autoconfig ALWAYS means we should quit because something is wrong setting up the build. So I quit.

I won't be available for debugging the rest of today.

Dick Koch