[tlbuild] Building TL against new poppler

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 17:36:32 CEST 2017

Hi,

The TeX Live build from MacPorts experienced weird problems after
updating poppler a few days ago.

See the posts and links following:
    https://trac.macports.org/ticket/54358#comment:24
    https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/717/files

I need to clarify that this is about building:

- more or less stock TeX Live 2017
- on Mac OS X 10.5-10.12 (including ppc builds with gcc)
- trying to get C++11 working
- against system libraries (installed by package manager, not the
stock ones by Apple)
- against the latest version of poppler (which probably wasn't built
in C++11 mode)

In case anyone has any further insight or ideas about the patches
proposed by Ken, I would be grateful to hear them. I didn't test
anything yet.