[tlbuild] error in zziplib source

Juan Bosco García Gutiérrez juan.bosco at uca.es
Sat Jul 22 19:55:04 CEST 2017

Finally, I found the problem.

The problem was related to 'configurate' script.

At line https://github.com/gdraheim/zziplib/blob/v0.13.67/configure#L17542 [ https://github.com/gdraheim/zziplib/blob/v0.13.67/configure#L17542 ] and

successive, it print into a file with 'echo ..."\\1"...'.

In Void Linux, #!/bin/sh links to dash. But in dash shell, the command:

> echo "\\1"

prints the hexadecimal 0x01 byte (and new line). However in bash

> echo "\\1"

prints '\1' as is needed in the script.

George, thank you for your help and your time.

Bosco.

El día 22 jul 2017 13:35, "George N. White III" <gnwiii at gmail.com> escribió:

> On 21 July 2017 at 08:17, George N. White III <gnwiii at gmail.com [ mailto:gnwiii at gmail.com ]> wrote:
>

> On 20 July 2017 at 18:42, Juan Bosco García Gutiérrez <juan.bosco at uca.es [ mailto:juan.bosco at uca.es ]> wrote:
>

> El día 20 jul 2017 20:28, "George N. White III" <gnwiii at gmail.com [ mailto:gnwiii at gmail.com ]> escribió:
>
> The zzip/types.h file has a comment:
>
> * This file is usually the first to define some real symbols. If you do
>
> * see some errors here then it is most likely the includepath is wrong
>
> * or some includeheader is missing / unreadable on your system.
>
> * (a) we include local headers with a "zzip/" prefix just to be sure
>
> * to not actually get the wrong one. Consider to add `-I..` somewhere
>
> * and especially VC/IDE users (who make up their own workspace files)
>
> * should include the root source directory of this project.
>
> * (b) size_t and ssize_t are sometimes found be `configure` but they are
>
> * not in the usual places (ANSI C = stddef.h; UNIX = sys/types.h), so
>
> * be sure to look for them and add the respective header as an #include.

Oh, sorry, I didn#39;t read that. However, I have test with a sample c program and

I have ssize_t type defined in <stddef.h>, which compile without errors with only

gcc command, and off64_t can be fixed with #39;-Doff64_t=__off64_t#39;. So I don#39;t know

why doesn#39;t work in zziplib source. Also, in order to check I have included

#39;-I/usr/include#39; (where stddef.h is defined) at CFLAGS and the same errors are found.

Any other idea of the problem?

You should mention the linux distro and whether your gcc-6.3.0 is from a dristro package or

locally compiled (in which case you may need to adjust include paths).

Void Linux is the Linux distribution with gcc from the distro package.

Thank you for your help George.

Bosco.
I have gcc-6.3.0 on Ubuntu 14.04 from ppa:ubuntu-toolchain-r/test. It can build
zziplib-0.13.66 from source without problems.

TL2017 builds from source on Ubuntu 16.04 with gcc-6 (Ubuntu/Linaro 6.3.0-18ubuntu2~16.04) 6.3.0 20170519.

Try building zziplib outside TL2017. If that fails you should have a look
at the stddef.h changes in

https://github.com/voidlinux/void-packages/blob/master/srcpkgs/gcc/files/gcc-6.3.0-musl.diff [ https://github.com/voidlinux/void-packages/blob/master/srcpkgs/gcc/files/gcc-6.3.0-musl.diff ]

I assume you are building TL2017 for use on Void Linux.  In that case you might want to
build TL using system libraries where possible (since Void is a rolling distro, some may be
too new for TL2017).

--

George N. White III <aa056 at chebucto.ns.ca [ mailto:aa056 at chebucto.ns.ca ]>
Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia