[tlbuild] dvisvgm link errors when building with --with-system-libgs

Ken Brown kbrow1i at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 16:14:22 CET 2017

On 3/10/2017 10:22 PM, Paul Vojta wrote:
> You're right.  It was probably the --disable-native-texlive-build
> option.  Sorry not to have mentioned that.
[...]
> With the patch applied, dvisvgm will successfully build (at least on
> my system, and probably most others) when --disable-native-texlive-build
> is used, but it doesn't change anything when --disable-native-texlive-build
> is not used.  Without the patch, I expect that the dvisvgm build
> (with --disable-native-texlive-build) will fail on all platforms that have
> a reasonably recent libgs installed.

Hi Paul,

I agree that something like your patch is needed with
--disable-native-texlive-build and with a recent enough Ghostscript.  My
only quibble is with this deletion:

-		LIBS=`echo $LIBS | sed "s/-lgs //" $LIBS`

That line is relevant when the installed Ghostscript is too old, so I'm
not sure why you're touching it.

Ken