[tlbuild] dvisvgm

Martin Gieseking martin.gieseking at uos.de
Thu Feb 9 11:25:44 CET 2017

Dear Mojca,

Am 09.02.2017 um 11:08 schrieb Mojca Miklavec:
> My question: is it considered an overkill to include google code in
> your sources? It's not exactly clear to me how this FAQ applies:
>     https://github.com/google/googletest/blob/master/googletest/docs/FAQ.md#why-is-it-not-recommended-to-install-a-pre-compiled-copy-of-google-test-for-example-into-usrlocal

I'd rather not include the gtest sources to dvisvgm, but if there's no
easy way to get it installed on macOS, I'll reconsider it. At least,
most Linux distros provide gtest packages. In the case of Ubuntu, they
only package the gtest sources which the user has to compile before the
first use.

> and if there is some simple way to automate the tests (without me
> having to go through all the steps of manually fetching and compiling
> gtest each time; I would love it if simply "make test" worked out of
> the box). See also:
>
>     https://trac.macports.org/ticket/48800

The Makefile in doc/ should already take care of this. If the gtest
headers and libraries are installed, "make check" in the dvisvgm root
folder should build and execute all tests.

Martin