[tlbuild] dvisvgm

Martin Gieseking martin.gieseking at uos.de
Thu Feb 9 11:12:13 CET 2017

Hello Mojca,

> Are you saying that the Debian devs didn't complain about
> non-reproducible builds yet? :)

> See:
>     https://wiki.debian.org/ReproducibleBuilds/TimestampsProposal

No, not yet. :) The format of the timestamp doesn't really matter here.
It's just added to the footer of some of the manpage output formats
(pdf, html). I'll investigate if there's a more portable way to add it.

> While "stat -f %Sm" works in principle, the patched Makefile[.in]
> doesn't quite make it (I also tried to replace "stat -c %y $<" by
> "stat -f %Sm", but I keep getting some "extra characters at the end of
> d command"):
>
> if [ `type -p asciidoc` ]; then \
> asciidoc -a icons -a 'iconsdir=.' -a badges -a 'revnumber=2.1.1'
> --unsafe -bdocbook -dmanpage -o dvisvgm-man.xml dvisvgm.txt; \
> sed -i "s#\(</refmeta>\)#<refmiscinfo class='date'>Feb  9 10:37:32
> 2017</refmiscinfo>\n\1#" dvisvgm-man.xml; \
> fi
> sed: 1: "dvisvgm-man.xml": extra characters at the end of d command

Hm, that's strange. I don't know where the "d" command comes from. There
are only "s" commands in the sed statements...
I'm also wondering why "make" tries to rebuild dvisvgm-man.xml at all.
dvisvgm.1 should be present in the source tarball so that there's no
need to rebuild it.

> One more question. I notice that the binary links against
>     $prefix/lib/libgs[.X.Y].dylib
> when I build it on a system with a number of preinstalled packages
> (actually within the scope of a package manager). Dick's binary was
> built on a clean system from TL directly and doesn't have any strange
> dependencies.
>
> Where exactly does that dependency on libgs get pulled in?
>
> Some other dependencies that get pulled in, but I guess many of them
> are expected and would be avoided if I build dvisvgm as part of TL:
>     /opt/local/lib/libfreetype.6.dylib
>     /opt/local/lib/libz.1.dylib
>     /opt/local/lib/libgs.9.19.dylib
>     /opt/local/lib/libpotrace.0.dylib
>     /opt/local/lib/libkpathsea.6.dylib

Unfortunately, I don't own a Mac and have no deeper knowledge of macOS.
Thus, I can't really help you with this one.

Martin