[tlbuild] dvusvgm

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sat Feb 4 03:37:29 CET 2017

On Fri, Feb 03, 2017 at 05:39:43PM -0800, Richard M. Koch wrote:

> The change in configure.ac was supposed to add an entry "#define HAVE_XLOCALE_H" to
> config.h. But it didn't, probably because I made a mistake when applying the diff to configure.ac.
> So Gieseking made another change to splinefont.h. That file contains the following lines
>
> 	#ifdef HAVE_XLOCALE_H
> 	#include <xlocale.h>
> 	#endif
>
> and he temporarily removed the guard lines so xlocale.h would be loaded. After that, I could
> compile without problems.
>

> At this spot, Ken Brown suggested that I had not applied autoreconf. He was right, because after
> Apple switched to clang and llvm, they removed this program.

If you change configure.ac (or the older configure.in) when there is
already a configure file, that does nothing until you run autoreconf.

In the past I have occasionally changed a configure script to do
what was needed, but such changes have always been to only suit the
way I was building, with the deps I was providing.

For a correct fix, rather than a workaround, you generally need to
regenerate configure using autoreconf.  That _could_ be done on any
system with the right tools, but it will probably hardcode its own
versions into the new configure, so that the diff becomes enormous.

Therefore, the best people to do that are upstream - but if you have
a system with autoreconf I *guess* you could prove the change by
applying the patch there, running autoreconf -fiv, and then applying
the new configure to your mac system.  I'm assuming there are not
multiple configure scripts in subdirectories.

ĸen
for them.'     -- Small Gods