[tlbuild] dvusvgm

Richard M. Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Sat Feb 4 02:39:43 CET 2017

Folks,

SUMMARY OF TODAY'S ACTIONS

Martin Gieseking has essentially solved my compile problem for dvisvgm. But there are still puzzles.
In his original solution, Martin asked me to edit two files,

	configure.ac in texk/dvisvgm

and

	splinefont.h in texk/dvisvgm/libs/ff-woff/fontforge

The change in configure.ac was supposed to add an entry "#define HAVE_XLOCALE_H" to
config.h. But it didn't, probably because I made a mistake when applying the diff to configure.ac.
So Gieseking made another change to splinefont.h. That file contains the following lines

	#ifdef HAVE_XLOCALE_H
	#include <xlocale.h>
	#endif

and he temporarily removed the guard lines so xlocale.h would be loaded. After that, I could
compile without problems.

At this spot, Ken Brown suggested that I had not applied autoreconf. He was right, because after
Apple switched to clang and llvm, they removed this program.

But then I realized that I could make it happen by simply removing the Work folder from the
TeX Live build directory. So I put the guards back around #include <xlocale.h>, and checked
that the patches to configure.ac and splinefont.h were in place, and removed Work and did
a .Build.

Unhappily, this did not work. The config.h file is recreated in the appropriate spot in the Work
directory, but Apple's FileMerge shows that the new config.h and the old config.h are identical.

Therefore, Gieseking (and I) understand the main problem, but there is still a minor problem.
Why doesn't config.h contain

	#define HAVE_XLOCALE

I'll leave this to Gieseking and Karl.

Dick Koch