[tlbuild] No go.

Richard M. Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Fri Feb 3 20:33:34 CET 2017

Martin,

Surprisingly, that did it. Everything compiled and all tests were passed.

Go figure!

I just looked at /usr/include. This is a system location, containing many files including
locale.h and xlocale.h. (The X11 installation is in /opt/X11 and includes its own xlocale.h).

The file locale.h does NOT define locale_t. The file xlocale.h DOES contain locale_t.
So your explanation is probably correct, and the question is why HAVE_XLOCALE_H
isn't set. At any rate, I'm happy.

Incidentally, on OS X, X11 in't included by default. It is provided by a third party open
source project. They provide headers in /opt/X11/...  There is an Xlocale.h header,
but it DOES NOT provide locale_t.

Maybe what happened is that code somewhere else loaded the X11 Xlocale.h, and
your modification below finally got the Mac to load the system's copy of Xlocale.h?

Dick