[tlbuild] asymptote build info

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Apr 24 00:00:08 CEST 2016

Nelson asked me:

    nb> Could you please repost to the tlbuild list a link to the place
    nb> where building of asymptote within the TeX Live source tree is
    nb> described?

http://tug.org/texlive/build.html#asymptote

However, if (since) you're not building an asy binary for inclusion in
TL itself, it would be perfectly plausible, perhaps preferable, to build
asy from its own original upstream source with its own original upstream
instructions.  The main difference is giving its configure
--enable-texlive-build, which causes asy to use kpsewhich to look up
where it is and where its data files, instead of a hardwired directory
based on the usual $prefix value.  If you're not going to relocate asy,
there's no need for --enable-texlive-build.

Best,
Karl

P.S. The build.html page also has the instructions I maintain for
xz&wget, xindy, biber, as well as general builds, of course.
If questions/problems/updates needed, let me know.