[tlbuild] wget&xz

Richard Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Fri Apr 8 01:07:40 CEST 2016

Karl,

On the Macintosh,  I can build xz and xzdec.

However, wget only compiles on El Capitan,
which I don’t use for TeX Live production code. On the production
systems, I get the following error:

Making all in doc
./texi2pod.pl -D VERSION="1.17.1" ./wget.texi wget.pod
/usr/bin/pod2man --center="GNU Wget" --release="GNU Wget 1.17.1" --utf8 wget.pod > wget.1
Unknown option: utf8
make[2]: *** [wget.1] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

I can trace this down, but at the risk of producing a wget not
compatible with the one used by TeX Live. I could also
use the previous wget. Or do nothing. ???

Dick Koch