[tlbuild] 2014 and Solaris 10 and 11 (SPARC, x86, x86-64)

Nelson H. F. Beebe beebe at math.utah.edu
Wed Mar 19 16:12:29 CET 2014

Last year, I never once succeeded in getting TeX Live 2013 to build on
any of our flavors of Sun/Oracle Solaris:

	Solaris 10 (SPARC, x86, x86-64)
	Solaris 11 (x86)

The previous year (2012), I succeeded, and I added new installed bin
subdirectories, because the Solaris binaries distributed on the DVD
were built on Solaris 11, and do not run on Solaris 10.

Last year, someone on this list DID succeed in getting Solaris builds,
and the 2013 DVD has them.  Could that person, or persons, please
report on this list the magic settings of PATH, and configure and make
options, that led to success for Solaris?  I'll then take a crack at
trying to reproduce that on our systems here at Utah.

As usual, I'm depositing my single master build script for the world
to see, at

	http://www.math.utah.edu/~beebe/tlbuild/build-texlive-2014.sh

So far, it is identical to last year's, except for the change 2013 to
2014.

There is a companion script that I use to pull down snapshots with
minimal overhead, by updating a copy of a base version:

	http://www.math.utah.edu/~beebe/tlbuild/make-texlive-snapshot-2014.sh