[tlbuild] Question : Build instruction for complete, from source, from scratch install

Magnus Larsson k.magnus.larsson at tele2.se
Fri Jan 17 19:55:11 CET 2014

> Subject: Re: [tlbuild] Latex.fmt not found : texlive-20130530-source.tar.xz
> Date: Friday 10 January 2014, 13:36:46
> From: Paul Vojta <vojta at math.berkeley.edu>
> To: Magnus Larsson <k.magnus.larsson at tele2.se>
> CC: tlbuild at tug.org
>
> Dear Mr. Larsson:
>
> Running "make" and "make install" are only the beginning.
>
> You also need to populate the texmf tree with all of the macros,
> configure various options (via texconfig-sys), run mklinks to create the
> symbolic links, and run
>
> 	fmtutil-sys --all
>
> and
>
> 	updmap-sys
>
> together with frequent runnings of mktexlsr.

Dear tlbuild at tug.org,

Question : Build instruction for complete, from source, from scratch, install

Is there a build instruction available how to set up a working system with
tools, macros, fonts and documentation?

I have tried to browse http://www.tug.org/texlive and the source tar ball for
build instructions for a complete install. But I have not found any.

I understand from the reply above, that much more is needed for a complete
system of tools, macros, fonts and documentation, compared to a simple
configure, make and make install of the tarball.
ftp://tug.org/texlive/historic/2013/texlive-20130530-source.tar.xz

I have a Linux From Scratch system (LFS). http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/
uname -a
Linux lfs 3.10.1 #6 SMP Sat Sep 14 18:20:45 CEST 2013 x86_64 GNU/Linux
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/pst/texlive.html

Best regards,

Magnus Larsson