[tlbuild] hacking a single package

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Jan 4 00:46:07 CET 2014

    Why is there no mention of the Work tree on
    http://www.tug.org/texlive/build.html

I wrote that page originally to give a recipe to people building the
binaries for the TL distribution (because that's what was needed),
rather than as a guide to people wanting to do arbitrary hacking in
arbitrary places in the sources.

Anyway, I added a mention of Work/ there now.

    or in any of the READMEs in Build/source?

I'll do something along those lines too, later.

    Is one expected to read the Build script to find this information?

Or run ls -lt, or find, or whatever ...

Thanks,
karl