[tlbuild] hacking a single package

Bob Tennent rdt at cs.queensu.ca
Fri Jan 3 05:23:17 CET 2014

 >|Let's say I want to hack on dvipdfm-x.  I've done
 >|
 >|rsync -a --delete --exclude=.svn tug.org::tldevsrc
 >|
 >|and a Build of all the current sources. Now how do I re-build just
 >|one package after changes to the source? I don't see a relevant
 >|Makefile.

Found it in Build/source/Work/texk/dvipdfm-x!

I recall seeing a dire warning not to build in the source tree but
I don't recall that an alternative was suggested. Why is there no
mention of the Work tree on

http://www.tug.org/texlive/build.html

or in any of the READMEs in Build/source? Is one expected to read
the Build script to find this information?

Bob T.