[tlbuild] Building TeXLive2013 on MinGW (Yung-Jang Lee)

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 10:16:27 CET 2013

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 1:37 AM, Karl Berry wrote:
>     Just curious: if that is actually the case, wouldn't something like
>         svn propset svn:eol-style LF source/m4/*.m4
>     also solve the problem? (Without the need for a special config file;
>
> The config file is already not needed for the case of read-only
> checkouts (at least as far as properties go; use-commit-times=yes is
> probably needed for anyone doing a build).

I wish this particular setting was the default one. I have that one in
my local settings (but I wasn't even aware that I should be adding any
other subversion settings when building TL sources).

> if you run
>   svn proplist --verbose Master/texmf-dist/scripts/listings-ext
> you will set that the svn:eol-style property is already set.

Thank you for the useful command.

But as expected, the properties of all the files mentioned are
  svn:eol-style
    native

Changing that to LF might solve the Yung-Jang Lee's problem without
the need for additional local configuration file.

(Nevertheless it still wouldn't hurt if the build was working properly
with both LF and CRLF line endings, but that's a different story.)