[tlbuild] Building TeXLive2013 on MinGW

Yung-Jang Lee yjlee123 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 15:59:52 CET 2013

Hi, all :

  I just finished building TL2013 on MinGW with following command:

./Build --without-ln-s
--with-clisp-runtime=/c/ADE/programs/clisp/base/lisp.exe --disable-xpdfopen

To build TL on MinGW, I need to

  1. Modify autoconf's core file 'status.m4' as described in my earlier
posted message entitled 'Fail to set macros in c-auto.h for MinGW -- if not
build in source tree'
  2. Change some DOS formated file (with CRLF as end of line) to Unix
format, these include  :

        a. m4 files in source/m4/
b. lnstall-sh , ltmain.sh in source/build-aux/
        c. dvipng.texi in texk/dvipng/doc/

      All these files must be change to UNIX format (with dos2unix command)
before building TL.

Also  I need to install/update following program/library to MinGW :

  automake 1.13,
  fontconfig,expat,  freetype(for XeTeX)
  clisp(for xindy)

Building option '--with-clisp-runtime= .... /clisp/base/lisp.exe’
is necessary because 'xindy/configure '   can not locate clisp runtime.

A brief summary :

      To build TL on MinGW, we need to modify autoconf's 'status.m4' and
change all DOS formatted files  to Unix format.

YungLee