[tlbuild] Raspbian

Boris Veytsman borisv at lk.net
Thu Oct 25 03:04:53 CEST 2012

Yesterday I got my raspberry pi in the mail.  I understand that Simon
now works on the official port of TL for Raspbian, right?  I have a
question for him - and maybe for other people on the list.

The question is, how can we determine raspbian in platform.sh?  Uname
gives us

    boris at raspberrypi ~ $ uname -a
    Linux raspberrypi 3.2.27+ #160 PREEMPT Mon Sep 17 23:18:42 BST 2012 armv6l GNU/Linux

Now armv6l is the platform.  The problem is, it seems that uname does
not tell us about the main difference between raspbian and other arm
os'es: the use of the fpu unit in their libc.

I understand there are devices with armv6l architecture that do not
use fpu - like raspberry pi with "Soft Wheezy" installed.  I think
armv7l binaries work for these devices.  Therefore I would suggest
making platform.sh put armv7l on all arm* devices - but what can we do
with raspbian?

--
Good luck

-Boris

When properly administered, vacations do not diminish productivity: for
every week you're away and get nothing done, there's another when your boss
is away and you get twice as much done.
		-- Daniel B. Luten