[tlbuild] Questions about texlive source

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 23:30:33 CET 2011

When I build texlive from source, I get two libraries: libkpathsea.so
and libptexenc.so.6.

When I do the install from the tl-install script,
/usr/lib/libkpathsea.so.5 appears to be installed, but it's hard for me
to say because the dates are not the date of install.  The library below
may be from ubuntu.

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    20 May  8  2011 ./lib/libkpathsea.so.5 ->
libkpathsea.so.5.0.0
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 79264 Apr 10  2011 ./lib/libkpathsea.so.5.0.0

When I check which libraries in bin/ use the libkpathsea library, I find
none do.

Are all your binaries that use the libkpathsea and libptexenc libraries
built with the static version of the libraries?

   -- Bruce