[tlbuild] texlive 2011 build on aix 4.3 - "make check": 12 of 46 tests failed

Vladimir Volovich vvv at vsu.ru
Thu Jun 23 16:01:05 CEST 2011

Hi!

the issue with TeX trip test was resolved, it turned out to be caused by
a missing check in texk/web2c/configure.ac for AC_C_CHAR_UNSIGNED, which
was introduced on 2009-03-20 while rewriting the build system, and this
resulted in broken tangle which produced incorrect output so TeX (and
possibly other WEB programs were broken).

now on AIX (where i'm using a compiler which has unsigned char), TeX
passes the tests.

i've re-run the tests on AIX, and now I see the following stats:

there are now 75 PASS: entries in the log, and the following SKIPs and
FAILs:

SKIP: tpic2pdftex.test
SKIP: ptexdir/sample.test
SKIP: tests/bibtex.test
SKIP: dvipng.test

FAIL: tests/bibtex-mem.test
FAIL: trap.test
FAIL: ptexdir/pbibtex-mem.test
FAIL: ptexdir/yokotate.test
FAIL: afm2pl.test
FAIL: tests/bibtex-mem.test

The most important of these seems to be a failing trap test for
METAFONT (it freezes, and I have to kill the process to finish it).

Best wishes,
v.