[tlbuild] texlive 2011 build on aix 4.3 - "make check": 12 of 46 tests failed

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Tue Jun 14 09:53:17 CEST 2011

On Tue, 14 Jun 2011, Vladimir Volovich wrote:

> on solaris 8, "make check" seems to run fine, but on aix 4.3, it freezes
> at
>
> + ./mf --progname=inimf
> + 0< ../../../texk/web2c/triptrap/mftrap2.in 1> mftrap.fot
>
> (mf process is using 100% CPU but doesn't seem to produce any output)
>
> and pressing CTRL+C makes it to proceed to the end, where it outputs:
>
> ==============================
> 12 of 46 tests failed
> (1 test was not run)
> Please report to tex-k at tug.org
> ==============================
>
> where could I look to see which exact tests failed and how?

Hi Vladimir,

as Karl has said the whole output is logged in ./Work/build.log (provided
you have used ./Build).  The final output says that from the 47 tests run
from Work/texk/web2c/, one was skipped (rc=77) and 12 have failed (rc
neither 77 nor 0).  For each passed test there is a line 'PASS <test_name>',
for failed or skipped tests 'PASS' is replaced by 'FAIL' or 'SKIP' (all that
is described in the Automake manual).  Most of the tests are just shell
scripts.

I did a quick check and it seems the poppler+aix problem is still present in
poppler-0.16.6.  So please report the problem to the poppler maintainers,
then it might be fixed in future versions.

Regards
Peter