[tlbuild] Cross-compiling TL on Mac for Tiger

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Mon May 30 08:32:55 CEST 2011

On Sat, 28 May 2011, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> However adding
>    LDFLAGS="-L/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/lib"
> broke building of ICU (both for ppc and i386) and I have no idea how
> to disable building ICU to test if building of other programs proceeds
> without problems.

Hi Mojca,

very simple: just configure with '--disable-xetex --disable-bibtexu', i.e.,
run "./Build --disable-xetex --disable-bibtexu".  That will cause xetex and
bibtexu and consequently also icu not to be built.

BTW: you could similarly add 'MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.4' and
'LDFLAGS=whatever', no need to modify the Build script.  Please read
README.cross for the proper way to cross compile.

Some of the warnings in your earlier mail are certainly annoying but as far
as I can see they should all be harmless.

Regards
Peter