[tlbuild] Cross-compiling TL on Mac for Tiger

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Sat May 28 17:27:02 CEST 2011

Mojca,

Thanks for the message.

Note that MacTeX-2011 will support both PPC and Intel
on Leopard, Snow Leopard, and Lion.

For this distribution, I am not interested in supporting Tiger,
because the simplification made by dropping support
affects Ghostscript and Image Magick even more than
TeX Live.

If you want to get changes in the TeX Live build script to
support Tiger, I'll let you work directly with the TeX Live folks.
One very big caveat is that I hope build changes are optional,
set by flags of some sort. That is, I don't want folks compiling
on Snow Leopard to be forced to use deprecated libraries by
built in flags. But I think you'll agree with that sentiment.

There are time constraints for me this year due to other projects,
so a delay in building due to last minute build changes will
cause additional delays from me.

Dick