[tlbuild] ttfdump test fails on Cygwin

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Thu May 12 15:04:02 CEST 2011

On Thu, 12 May 2011, Ken Brown wrote:

> I'm not sure why ttfdump is producing output with DOS line endings on Cygwin,
> but I don't think it should.

Hi Ken,

the output file is opened with
   fopen(dumpname, "wt")
and I am not sure what "wt" is supposed to do on Cygwin.  I think there
certainly shouldn't be "wb" because that would be wrong for MinGW and native
Windows.

Can you do some tests, i.e., modify the test script in texk/ttfdump/tests
(source) and run 'make check' in texk/ttfdump (build):

1. replace
   ./ttfdump -t head -o ttfdump.head FonetikaDaniaIwonaeRegular.ttf
by
   ./ttfdump -t head FonetikaDaniaIwonaeRegular.ttf >ttfdump.head
and similarly for the second test

2. replace
   ./ttfdump -t head -o ttfdump.head FonetikaDaniaIwonaeRegular.ttf
by
   ./ttfdump -t head -o ttfdump.tmp FonetikaDaniaIwonaeRegular.ttf
followed (after the "|| exit 1") by
   tr -d '\r' <ttfdump.tmp >ttfdump.head
   rm -f ttfdump.tmp

and tell me if that succeeds.