[tlbuild] [tex-live] TeX Live 2011 build fails because of LuaTeX/libpng incompatibility

Jindrich Novy jnovy at redhat.com
Thu May 12 13:41:08 CEST 2011

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 10:19:37AM +0200, Peter Breitenlohner wrote:
> On Wed, 11 May 2011, Karl Berry wrote:
>
> >Hi Peter,
> >
> >Can you reply to Jindrich and the tex-live list, please?  (Or tlbuild if
> >you'd rather; Jindrich is on that list too.)
>
> >Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 19:34:50 +0200
> >From: Jindrich Novy <jnovy at redhat.com>
>
> >LuaTeX build stops with the following error after its update in the
> >TeX Live tree:
> >
> >./../../texk/web2c/luatexdir/image/writepng.w:585:19: error:
> >'PNG_FP_1' undeclared (first use in this function)
> >
> >for a couple of days now with libpng older than 1.5.2. I found related
> >note to this problem here:
> >
> >http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tex.context/68142
>
> Hi Jindrich,
>
> from that link I see that you try to build with the installed png headers
> and library; that used to require 1.5.x.  I have now suitably modified
> texk/web2c/luatexdir/image/writepng.w and texk/web2c/pdftexdir/writepng.c in
> the TeX Live repository (r22436) and am confident that Hartmut or Taco will
> soon copy that to the luaTeX repository.
>
> Regards
> Peter

Hi Peter, Karl,

thanks to you both for a quick action. I can confirm that TeX Live
2011/dev builds fine now with Peter's modification and libpng 1.2.44.

Best regards,
Jindrich

--
Jindrich Novy <jnovy at redhat.com>   http://people.redhat.com/jnovy/
Kdo víno má a nepije, kdo hrozny má a nejí je, kdo ženu má a nelíbá,