[tlbuild] [tex-live] TeX Live 2011 build fails because of LuaTeX/libpng incompatibility

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Thu May 12 10:19:37 CEST 2011

On Wed, 11 May 2011, Karl Berry wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Can you reply to Jindrich and the tex-live list, please?  (Or tlbuild if
> you'd rather; Jindrich is on that list too.)

> Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 19:34:50 +0200
> From: Jindrich Novy <jnovy at redhat.com>

> LuaTeX build stops with the following error after its update in the
> TeX Live tree:
>
> ./../../texk/web2c/luatexdir/image/writepng.w:585:19: error:
> 'PNG_FP_1' undeclared (first use in this function)
>
> for a couple of days now with libpng older than 1.5.2. I found related
> note to this problem here:
>
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tex.context/68142

Hi Jindrich,

from that link I see that you try to build with the installed png headers
and library; that used to require 1.5.x.  I have now suitably modified
texk/web2c/luatexdir/image/writepng.w and texk/web2c/pdftexdir/writepng.c in
the TeX Live repository (r22436) and am confident that Hartmut or Taco will
soon copy that to the luaTeX repository.

Regards
Peter