[tlbuild] starting builds (kfreebsd-amd64)

Alan Braslau alan.braslau at cea.fr
Mon May 9 21:18:56 CEST 2011

On Monday 09 May 2011 18:52:48 Peter Breitenlohner wrote:

> now done (r22373), so you should update your copy.

Fails in the same manner as before.

> Can you trace where this icudt46l_dat.o comes from?

I did not see this in build.log

> Do you have installed icu libraries on that system?

Debian libicu44 version 4.4.2-2
(also installed on my kfreebsd-i386 machine)

/usr/lib/libicudata.so.44.2
/usr/lib/libicui18n.so.44.2
/usr/lib/libicuio.so.44.2
/usr/lib/libicule.so.44.2
/usr/lib/libiculx.so.44.2
/usr/lib/libicutest.so.44.2
/usr/lib/libicutu.so.44.2
/usr/lib/libicuuc.so.44.2
/usr/lib/libicudata.so.44
/usr/lib/libicui18n.so.44
/usr/lib/libicuio.so.44
/usr/lib/libicule.so.44
/usr/lib/libiculx.so.44
/usr/lib/libicutest.so.44
/usr/lib/libicutu.so.44
/usr/lib/libicuuc.so.44

> And if so, what is the default search order of the linker? (1) first a
> shared library in all possible directories, and then a static one or (2) in
> each directory first a shared and then a static library?  In case the
> default is (1) is there a linker option to enforce (2)?

GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.21.51.20110421

> Could you try to build the ICU libraries from the ICU-4.6 distribution as,
> i.e., http://download.icu-project.org/files/icu4c/4.6/icu4c-4_6-src.tgz.

Does not seem to handle kfreebsd; I have not looked into the debian patches to
v.4.4, though

$ runConfigureICU -h
Usage: runConfigureICU [ -h, --help ]  [ --enable-debug | --disable-release ]
platform [ configurearg ... ]

         --enable-debug     Enable support for debugging
         --disable-release  Disable presetting optimization flags

The following names can be supplied as the argument for platform:

    AIX                 Use the IBM Visual Age xlc_r/xlC_r compilers on AIX
    AIX/GCC             Use the GNU gcc/g++ compilers on AIX
    Cygwin              Use the GNU gcc/g++ compilers on Cygwin
    Cygwin/MSVC         Use the Microsoft Visual C++ compiler on Cygwin
    Cygwin/MSVC2005     Use the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 compiler on Cygwin
    Cygwin/ICL          Use the Intel C++ compiler on Cygwin
    FreeBSD             Use the GNU gcc/g++ compilers on Free BSD
    HP-UX/ACC           Use the HP ANSI C/Advanced C++ compilers on HP-UX 11
    IBMi                Use the iCC compilers on IBM i, i5/OS, OS/400
    Linux               Use the GNU gcc/g++ compilers on Linux
    Linux/ECC           Use the Intel ECC compiler on Linux
    Linux/ICC           Use the Intel ICC compiler on Linux
    Linux/VA            Use the IBM Visual Age compiler on Power PC Linux
    MacOSX              Use the GNU gcc/g++ compilers on MacOS X (Darwin)
    QNX                 Use the QNX QCC compiler on QNX/Neutrino
    Solaris             Use the Sun cc/CC compilers on Solaris
    Solaris/GCC         Use the GNU gcc/g++ compilers on Solaris
    SolarisX86          Use the Sun cc/CC compilers on Solaris x86
    TRU64V5.1/CXX       Use the Compaq cxx compiler on Tru64 (OSF)
    zOS                 Use the IBM cxx compiler on z/OS (os/390)
    zOSV1R2             Use the IBM cxx compiler for z/OS 1.2