[tlbuild] Fwd: followup: Solaris asprintf symbol not found

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Wed Jul 28 10:11:26 CEST 2010

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010, Martin Schröder wrote:

> Mark complains that the binaries for Solaris 10x86 were broken in TL09.
> I have no access to Solaris and can't test this...

Hi Martin,

libs/obsdcompat/configure does test for the presence of asprintf(), if
necessary including this function into libopenbsd-compat.a, and
texk/web2c/Makefile then includes libopenbsd-compat.a into pdftex.

Could it be that some (fixed) versions of the Solaris libc do contain
asprintf and others do not?  If so, building pdftex on a system without
asprintf should solve this problem.

Regards
Peter Breitenlohner <peb at mppmu.mpg.de>