[tlbuild] Building xindy for TL2010: two questions

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Jun 10 01:32:30 CEST 2010

So, here is my attempt at the updated instructions for clisp/xindy:
(Build/source/utils/README).  Let me know about any further emendations.

Thanks,
Karl

After building clisp as described below, run the TL
  Build --enable-xindy CLISP=$clisp_builddir/clisp
to include xindy in the build.  It is disabled by default.

Do NOT use nohup when building clisp; this may cause weird build
problems.  Regular redirections of stdout/stderr seem ok.

mkdir clisp; cd clisp
clisp_basedir=`pwd`
clisp_toolsdir=$clisp_basedir/clisp-tools
clisp_builddir=$clisp_basedir/clisp-build
mkdir $clisp_toolsdir

cd $clisp_basedir
wget http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/libsigsegv/libsigsegv-2.8.tar.gz
gzip -dc libsigsegv-2.8.tar.gz | tar xf -
cd libsigsegv-2.8
./configure --prefix=$clisp_toolsdir && make && make check && make install

# you may need this hack on 64-bit systems
# if clisp's configure will not find libsigsegv.
ln -s lib $clisp_toolsdir/lib64

cd $clisp_basedir
wget http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/clisp/release/2.48/clisp-2.48.tar.gz
gzip -dc clisp-2.48.tar.gz | tar xf -
cd clisp-2.48
# On FreeBSD/amd64, add --disable-mmap.
./configure --with-libsigsegv-prefix=$clisp_toolsdir --without-readline \
  --disable-nls \
  $clisp_builddir \
&& cd $clisp_builddir \
&& make