[tlbuild] Building xindy for TL2010: two questions

Vladimir Volovich vvv at vsu.ru
Wed Jun 9 02:51:08 CEST 2010

"NL" == Nikola Lečić writes:

 >> Probably we should simply distribute the generated files as part of
 >> xindy's source, LaTeX inputenc files don't change any more. That's
 >> similar to distributing C files that got generated by lex.

 NL> (Peter has already done a similar thing -- i.e. included generated
 NL> files into the trunk -- to avoid problems with less powerful iconv
 NL> and buggy recode behaviour on FreeBSD...)

alternatively, and imho better, would have been to pass
--disable-xindy-rules to xindy's configure during texlive build.
texlive builders just pass the generated binaries to the master tree,
and all secondary files generated during the build are discarded anyway.

btw, is "recode" package really buggy on FreeBSD?
i.e. --with-xindy-recode doesn'y allow to fully rebuild xindy?

Best,
v.