[tlbuild] Building xindy for TL2010: two questions

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Jun 9 00:33:35 CEST 2010

Hi Nikola,

(Cc-ing Joachim.)

    (1) In clean environment, xindy-2.4 configure output looks like this:
    i.e. there is no TeX programs available. This was fatal with
    xindy-2.4pre2 (xindy-new at that time). Is this a problem?

I don't think so.  (About building the doc, as I recall?)  Joachim?

    (2) It would be very useful to use clisp built without NLS support
    (--disable-nls). This removes gettext dependency in resulting xindy
    components (a nice thing for *BSD users who usually compile everything
    on their systems, esp. having in mind very recent gettext shlib
    version bump, intl.8 -> intl.9). Is this ok?

It sounds good to me, but again, Joachim should confirm.
If it's ok, I'll add this to the recommended instructions for building
clisp on all platforms.

Thanks,
Karl