[tlbuild] Configure issues with texlive-20091107

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Fri Jan 8 14:02:06 CET 2010

On Fri, 8 Jan 2010, Angel Tsankov wrote:

> Norbert Preining wrote:
>> On Do, 07 Jan 2010, Angel Tsankov wrote:
>>> --disable-native-texlive-build seems to work.  Now I want to suppress
>>> installing /usr/bin/man.  ...

Hi Angel,

/usr/bin/man is just a symlink to the actual directory (for the benefit of
some systems using it for their MANPATH).  At the moment there is no way to
supress this, but being just a link, why not remove it (also see below).

>>> ...  Later on, I may want to adapt web2c/texmf.cnf,
>>> so thanks for pointing this out as well.
>>
>> Why don't you build as usual, and then only move the stuff to the
>> place where you need the things?
>>
> 'Cause specifying several options to configure (respectively to Build) is
> easier to do and is more 'portable' across TL releases than moving dozens of
> files around when the build has finished.

You can certainly specify --mandir=<whatever>, preferably relative to
${prefix}.

Actually the symlink ${prefix}/bin/man -> ../texmf/doc/man or
${prefix}/bin/i686-pc-linux-gnu -> ../../texmf/doc/man should only be
created if it actually points to the directory containing the manpages.
(Yet to be done.)

Regards
Peter Breitenlohner <peb at mppmu.mpg.de>