[tlbuild] Testing cxx-runtime-hack -- V 1.1.1 (Was: V 1.1)

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Jan 28 01:19:31 CET 2009

    Do we really need to run the test program
    (analogous to AC_RUN_IFELSE) thereby causing cross-compilation problems?
    Wouldn't it suffice to just link (AC_LINK_IFELSE)?

If we're not cross-compiling, I think it's better to run them, because
it's so easy to generate a binary with references to nonexistent dynamic
libraries -- for which linking succeeds, but execution fails.

But if we are cross-compiling, I guess it would be ok not to run them
since it's not 100% crucial.

Wdyt?

    How are the win32 binaries built? with 'gcc -mno-cygwin' or with a MS
    compiler? DO they use the cxx-runtime-hack?

Akira builds the w32 binaries these days.  Akira?