[tlbuild] Still on the Cygwin build of TeXLive

Ken Brown kbrown at cornell.edu
Mon Nov 17 14:05:28 CET 2008

On 11/16/2008 5:52 PM, Karl Berry wrote:
>     ./dvipng > dvipng.tmp
>     ( test -r dvipng.help && diff dvipng.tmp dvipng.help ) \
>                     || cp dvipng.tmp dvipng.help
>     rm -f dvipng.tmp
>     texi2dvi -I ../../../texk/dvipng ../../../texk/dvipng/dvipng.texi
>
> None of this stuff should be getting run.  The files are checked into
> svn and shouldn't need to be rebuilt.  I can't guess why they were.

Here's a guess:  If the source files are copied into a new directory
prior to building, without preserving modification times, then 'make'
might think some of them need to be rebuilt.  Note that dvipng.help
depends on misc.c; the latter starts out older than the former, but this
may be reversed after copying.

Ken