[texworks] Mac OS X: request for testing

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 14:08:01 CET 2016

Hi,

On 03.03.2016 09:24, Otared Kavian wrote:
> Yes, I am using MacOS X El Capitan and I was aware of the necessity to change the path for access to the binaries of MacTex by setting it to
>
> 	 Library/TeX/texbin
>
> but I think it would be more convenient if TeXWorks could set this automatically, or at least ask the user whether he wants it to be set.

OK, I have added it to the list of default paths in r. fad22c0. However,
please note that this only affects new installations of TeXworks - once
you run Tw and change some settings, the current binary paths you use
are stored (and, obviously, should not be overwritten to avoid tampering
with the user's preferences). To mimic the behavior of a new
installation, you can rename/move/remove the settings which should be
stored in ~/Library/TeXworks/ and restart Tw.

> All Command combinations shortcuts (X, W, Z, V, C, for cutting, closing, undoing, pasting and copying) work fine, apart from the one I mentioned previously, Command-Q for quitting.

Hm, this might be related to an old Qt bug
(https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-14174).
Just to be sure:
 * Do you get a command to quit somewhere in the menu? If yes: does
clicking on it work as expected? Does it display Cmd+Q as a shortcut
next to it?
 * Does right-click on the icon in the docker(?) bar work to quit Tw?
 * Do the shortcuts Cmd+N (new) and Cmd+T (typeset) work? (I'm asking
this because copy/paste and such are handled internally by Qt or the OS,
whereas "new" and "typeset" are definitely Tw additions)
 * Can you download and try with the latest version from
https://bintray.com/texworks/OSX-latest/TeXworks/_latestVersion - this
has the same functionality, but for now is based on Qt4 until we can
resolve these issues. So the question is: does this affect only Qt5 or
also Qt4.

Best,