[texworks] The future of TeXworks + how you can help

Alain Delmotte esperanto at swing.be
Wed Mar 14 09:21:27 CET 2012

Hi,

Le 13/03/2012 20:13, Stefan Löffler a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On 2012-03-13 16:14, Alain Delmotte wrote:
>> One idea I have for a long time is to have the poossibility to link
>> keyboard short cuts to each action in TW; but to do this with an
>> external list of short cuts and function's name.
>
> I'm not sure I know what you mean. As you wrote yourself, shortcuts can
> be assigned by editing a text file. Thus the possibility exists in
> principle. So, are you
> - suggesting an easier way to do that (e.g., using a dialog)? That's on
> the IdeasAndProjects list
> - suggesting to be able to assign shortcuts to things that they
> currently can't be assigned to (e.g., the invocation of SyncTeX)? This
> is not so straight-forward, but is in principle of the (long-term)
> wish-list.
> - something else?

What I am suggesting is to be able to do what is already
possible, but for all actions.
Example: open a menu or an option in a menu.
In the Search/Replace dialog box this does already exist.
You know, those underlined characters.

This is also called "accelerator", I think.
Under Windows in most programs, it is possible to work
without using the mouse!!

Regards,

Alain