[texworks] Mac issues

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Mon Jun 13 23:04:46 CEST 2011

On 13/06/2011 20:59, sigmundv at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Why do I see so many discussions on Mac specific stuff on this list? There
> is hardly anything Windows or Linux specific discussed. Why is this? Is
> TeXworks used more on Mac OS X than on Windows or Linux? Or is Mac OS X just
> so much different?

This list covers both TeXworks user issues and items relating to
TeXworks development. There is some overlap between interested parties,
so this makes sense, but does from time to time make things a bit
developer-heavy.

There has been a reasonable amount of Mac-related stuff recently as
there have been some issues building TeXworks binaries on that platform.
The lead developer (Stefan) builds on Windows, and building on Linux is
currently pretty easy, and so there has been less recent discussion on
these. As noted by others, in the past we've seen a lot of discussion
about various platforms.
--
Joseph Wright