[texworks] Call for Help: Mac builds

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 6 16:31:43 CET 2011

On 5 Feb 2011, at 22:09, Joseph Wright wrote:

> On 05/02/2011 21:59, Bruno Voisin wrote:
>> Clearly there is much remaining to be done (modify TeXworks.pro in a clean and consistent way, such that setting ARCHS from the command line is no longer necessary;, build multi-architecture then universal; remove linking to fontconfig; update and include the poppler patches; update the build instructions; ...). I hope the above will motivate contributors, and give a point to start from.
>
> Hello Bruno,
>
> Great stuff! That should be a good place to build on.

Yes indeed - good to know you've got this far!

> I notice at
> present your build expects poppler to be in /usr/local, which also needs
> fixing :-)

The macdeployqt tool should be able to take care of this: it copies the dynamically-linked frameworks and dylibs needed into the local Frameworks directory of the application package, and rewrites the paths in the binaries to refer to the packaged copies.

JK