[texworks] SCRIPTING: get current poppler page number

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed Oct 20 18:34:52 CEST 2010

On 21 October 2010 Paul A Norman wrote:

 > http://code.google.com/p/texworks/issues/detail?id=261&can=5#c35
 >
 > Here is a simplistic scripting implementation of a suggestion by Bruno
 > to look at using pdfopen. Could use pdfclose if that is needed as
 > well.
 >
 > Useful when acrobat reader needs to be used to check something like
 > \pdfmarks
 >
 > Utilises a hightech  in-built human observational facility for
 > determing the poppler preview page number :)
 >
 > Under Windows at least the the acrobat reader pdf appears to still
 > need to be closed for Typesetting to take place.

Hi Paul,
what happens if you call pdfclose --all from the command line while AR
is displaying the file?  I would expect that it closes the file but AR
keeps running.  If yes, does pdfopen reload the file?

I suppose that you can test it on the command line before writing
scripts.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25