[texworks] SCRIPTING: get current poppler page number

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 14:47:23 CEST 2010

http://code.google.com/p/texworks/issues/detail?id=261&can=5#c35

Here is a simplistic scripting implementation of a suggestion by Bruno
to look at using pdfopen. Could use pdfclose if that is needed as
well.

Useful when acrobat reader needs to be used to check something like \pdfmarks

Utilises a hightech  in-built human observational facility for
determing the poppler preview page number :)

Under Windows at least the the acrobat reader pdf appears to still
need to be closed for Typesetting to take place.

Text highlighted in the Tw editor would be used as a specified named
destination, otherwise a page number is requested (optional - the box
can be canceled).

Feedback appreciated please,

Paul