[texworks] Dictionary path in linux

kap4lin kap4lin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 01:32:54 CET 2010

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 2:00 AM, Jonathan Kew <jfkthame at googlemail.com> wrote:
> See my reply to Vladimir just now...

Just to keep things linked (for future references), this was your
reply to Vladimir's mail:
http://tug.org/pipermail/texworks/2010q1/002189.html

> you should configure the compile-time
> path appropriately, or use the TW_DICPATH env variable if you need to
> override it at runtime.

This works perfectly with minimum interference to the source code:)

> Does this seem sufficient, or do you think it would be worth also trying a
> "private" dictionaries directory? I'm assuming that in the Linux world,
> people have these dictionaries installed as shared resources, and should not
> be putting them in a personal, app-specific location.

You are right about the assumption about the Linux world, but I think
it would still be good, to have ~/.TeXworks/dictionaries as a
"private" path to be consistent in behavior across different
platforms.

Thanks again.

--
Regards