[texworks] ubuntu jaunty package and texlive 2009

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 20:41:44 CET 2009

On 2009-12-14 20:30, kap4lin wrote:
> And btw, none of Ubuntu repos have Tw (I am surprised)

Tw only reached its first stable release a short while ago - parallel to
TL'09. That was not in time to be included in the latest Ubuntu release
(Karmic Koala, 9.10). Now that there's a Debian package, it might be
pulled in for the next release due in April 2010.
In any case, I'm maintaining unofficial Ubuntu packages at
https://launchpad.net/~texworks/.

Note also that there is a discrepancy between what releases would be
packages (usually only ones declared as stable) and what many people
use. Most new features (e.g. scripting) are only available in the
current unstable version. For what it's worth, on the page I mentioned
above both stable builds and latest builds are available.

-Stefan