[texworks] ubuntu jaunty package and texlive 2009

kap4lin kap4lin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 20:30:05 CET 2009

I do not intend to hijack the thread, but:

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 1:40 PM, Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:
> On Mo, 14 Dez 2009, Alessandro Languasco wrote:
>> and, as a dependence, synaptic wish to install texlive 2007...
>> but I have already installed texlive 2009 and I don't want to downgrade to tl2007.
>
> You mean you have the Debian packages for TeX Live 2009 installed, or
> you have TeX Live installed from TeX Live INstaller?
>
> In the first case I would be surprised.

http://packages.debian.org/sid/texlive

now i just hope they keep it updated!

> In the second case you cannot do much but wait for Ubuntu to take up
> our tl 2009 packages, or play around with the equivs packgeas. Or, if
> you don't care for hard disk, install the minimal necessary texlive 2007
> packages and adjust the path that the tl200 binaries are found first.
> TeXworks will pick up the earlier ones automatically.

Actually in debian/sid, Tw does not depend on tl.

http://packages.debian.org/sid/texworks

And btw, none of Ubuntu repos have Tw (I am surprised):
http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=texworks&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all

--
Regards
Kap4Lin