[texworks] Bugs: Key Shortcuts and Settings, LaTeX run not possible

Matthias Pospiech matthias.pospiech at gmx.de
Sat Dec 12 20:30:17 CET 2009

Joseph Wright schrieb:
> On 12/12/2009 15:00, Matthias Pospiech wrote:
>>> You can change this: it's impossible to have one set of shortcuts that
>>> work across all languages (and platforms!)
>>>
>> All languages is not what I what expect, but all latin ones should be
>> possible. At least other IDEs provide shortcuts that
>> are less dependent on special characters.
>
> Everyone has there own idea about what is a "good" shortcut! What
> would you suggest in the current case as replacement? (Remember that
> there needs to be symmetry for indent and outdent.)

A symmetry for indent and outdent together with Comment/Uncomment is
something I have never seen in any other application and is something I
would not miss.
This restricts so much I doubt any change would be possible.

Here is what others use:

Application | Comment | Uncomment | AutoIndent | Indent | Outdent
Kile/Kate/Kwrite: CTRL+D, CTRL+SHIFT+D, -, CTRL+I, CTRL+SHIFT+I
QtCreator: CTRL + "/", CTRL + "/", CTRL+I, -, -
Texniccenter: CTRL+Q, CTRL+W, -, -, -
VisualStudio: CTRL+K+C, CTRL+K+U, CTRL+K+F, -, -
Matlab: CTRL+R, CTRL+T, CTRL+I, CTRL+"[", CTRL+"]"

Note that the Matlab shortcut CTRL+"[" is not possible, sinc CTRL+ALT GR
+ whatever never works.

I personaly like the shortcuts of Kile and Visualstudio.

Matthias