[texworks] Tw & TL'10 on RedHat EL

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 09:13:07 CET 2009

Hi,

On 2009-12-04 18:42, kap4lin wrote:

>>> Edit > Spelling shows only None. Any help
>>>
>> AFAIK, Tw looks for dictionaries in /usr/share/myspell/dicts. So the
>> first and most obvious question is: does that directory exist and
>> contain suitable .dic and .aff files?
>>

> OK, my hunspell installation is in a local directory, not in
> /usr/share/myspell/dicts/. Obviously, on the RHEL machine I do not
> have access to /usr/share/, and also there is no myspell dir there.
> So, how do I tell texworks, where to look? If it is hardcoded in the
> source, I could change it locally

OK, I thought as much. In this case, it's no wonder you don't get spell
checking ;).
Yes, that path is hard coded for Linux builds, though I have just opened
an issue (247) to make this configurable in the future.
To change this right now, open src/TWUtils.cpp, go to line 85 and replace
            libPath = "/usr/share/myspell/dicts";
by
            libPath = QDir::homePath() + "/path/to/your/myspell/dicts";
(or omit the QDir::homePath() part if myspell is not in your home
directory but e.g. in /usr/local or somewhere).
There are plenty of similar path specifications around that line which
can help guide you.

HTH