[texworks] Tw & TL'10 on RedHat EL (was: back and forth between source tex and pdf?)

kap4lin kap4lin at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 07:33:39 CET 2009

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 12:42 PM, kap4lin <kap4lin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 1:23 AM, Stefan Löffler <st.loeffler at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> great to hear that you got this far. Maybe sometime you'd like to write
>> up a guide of how to do this to share on the wiki?

>>> Edit > Spelling shows only None. Any help
>>
>> AFAIK, Tw looks for dictionaries in /usr/share/myspell/dicts. So the
>> first and most obvious question is: does that directory exist and
>> contain suitable .dic and .aff files?
>
> Thanks Stefan,
>
> OK, my hunspell installation is in a local directory, not in
> /usr/share/myspell/dicts/. Obviously, on the RHEL machine I do not
> have access to /usr/share/, and also there is no myspell dir there.
> So, how do I tell texworks, where to look? If it is hardcoded in the
> source, I could change it locally.

Well, I had the liberty to change the source ;)

src/TWUtils.cpp:85:                     libPath = "/usr/share/myspell/dicts";

But it would've been nice to have it in the preferences (is it on a
todo list?) or atleast read it in from the DICPATH environment
variable (used by hunspell) during qmake.

So, all in all, a happy camper now!

--
Regards
Kap4Lin