[texworks] Beginners' needs (was: Lua scripting)

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 17:19:01 CEST 2009

Hi,

Alain Delmotte schrieb:
> I did create a collaborative site for the manual, you can join, go to:
> http://affinitiz.com/space/texworks and click "Rejoindre la communauté"
> (Sorry the background is in French!)
> I was also planing to transform the manual to html and this in turn
> could be linked to TeXworks as the help file (even using F1)!
> What do you think about the idea?

I generally think that's a great idea. I just don't know if the page you
mentioned is well-suited for the task. I just tried to register which
was rather difficult, given my limited knowledge of french. So maybe you
should give some instructions what the different fields mean.

However, my suggestion would be to do that at Google Docs
(docs.google.com) unless your page has some cool features Google
doesn't. In any case, the advantages of Google would be that
1) many people contributing to TW already have a google account (e.g.
from posting bug reports)
2) The interface is localized the most languages

-Stefan