[texworks] Beginners' needs (was: Lua scripting)

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Jun 17 23:29:29 CEST 2009

    http://affinitiz.com/space/texworks and click "Rejoindre la communautÃ©"
    (Sorry the background is in French!)

The flash stuff doesn't come close to working for me (aside from my tiny
knowledge of French).  Can the manual be developed on the Google Code
site somewhere?  Or some such?

    I don't know if Sumatra exists outside of Windows

Sumatra is Windows-only.

    nor if there is something equivalent on the other platforms!

To a rough approximation, Sumatra is a port of xpdf
(http://www.foolabs.com/xpdf/) to Windows.  Xpdf runs on everything
else.  There is also GV (http://www.gnu.org/software/gv), Evince (never
worked well for me), and others.

But I'm confused.  I thought TW has its own PDF viewer.  Why does the
question of external viewers come up?