[texworks] lua engine in texworks was Re: Analyzing the log

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Jun 5 10:27:56 CEST 2009

Jérome Laurens wrote:
> I won't enter into details but I see many advantages to embed a lua
> engine inside texworks, in addition to those exposed by Reinhard.
> For example, the "engines" used to typeset the various documents should
> be lua scripts.

not sure what you mean by 'tge engines' but in the case of context it is
already lua scripts that controls the process of typesetting (I also
added all kind of related script calls to the typesetting menu as we
have no generic 'tools' menu); so, with respect to typsetting, the
current 'call some program or script' is fine (although i'd like to see
a generic tools menu); extending texworks with lua mostly involves
extending the editor itself

Hans