[texworks] lua engine in texworks was Re: Analyzing the log

Jérome Laurens jerome.laurens at u-bourgogne.fr
Fri Jun 5 09:00:57 CEST 2009

I won't enter into details but I see many advantages to embed a lua
engine inside texworks, in addition to those exposed by Reinhard.
For example, the "engines" used to typeset the various documents
should be lua scripts.
Moreover, a lua script can be a universal data format for project
metadata files (instead of XML or proprietary formats used by auctex,
winedt and other tex dedicated editors)
In practice, it does not seem that hard to embed the lua engine into a
C++ app (I already did it myself for an objective C app and I am not a
guru)
And finally, lua can be a scripting language to manipulate and extend
texworks.

JL